WHAT is a Wiphan Lemonade Friend?
People frequently ask "How can my family be involved with Wiphan?" In brainstorming "family friendly" opportunities to serve, the busy moms on the Wiphan Board came up with the idea of the Lemonade Friend Stand. It is an easy, convenient and FUN summer service project that can engage your whole family in raising money and awareness for orphans in Zambia.
WHY be a Wiphan Lemonade Friend?
There are multiple verses in the Bible mandating us to care for widows and orphans. To help start the conversation about this important topic, we have developed a family devotional available below under RESOURCES.
WHEN to Host a Wiphan Lemonade Stand?
This summer Wiphan Lemonade Stands will be popping up all over the US. Just pick a date between May 1 and August 20 (National Lemonade Day). We will announce how much money has been raised by the end of August.
HOW to Host a Wiphan Lemonade Stand?
- Start with the family devotional and a time of prayer.
- Pick a time and place. Think about parks or other public areas.
- Check out the resources available below.
- Advertise via email, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- GIVE AWAY lemonade and cookies (you read that right), but ask for DONATIONS for Wiphan.
- Take pictures and post on your social media; tag Wiphan Care Ministries.
- Encourage other families to host a Wiphan Lemonade Stand.
- Send the tax deductible proceeds to:
Wiphan Care Ministries/551 Cox Road/Roswell, GA 30075 or use your credit card on our donation page.
RESOURCES for Wiphan Lemonade Friends Stand:
Aprons, Zambia & Africa Cookie Cutters and Wiphan T-Shirts are available for purchase.
Overview of Wiphan Flyer to assist in explaining the ministry.
Stand with Orphans Flyer to encourage others to host a Lemonade Stand.
Help make life sweeter for orphans in Zambia!